George Yepes

Posted by Jacqueline Earhart
This artist is an amazing muralist, that I am so thankful I  have crossed paths with. Many years ago I got to meet him in San Antonio while he was working on paintings for one of Robert Rodriguez's movies. It was a little creepy at first, because he approached me  fresh out of high school and told me he wanted to paint me. I was like "yeah right who is this man", but when I heard about who he was, I did call him back and sat for a few photos. Although I am a little hurt I never saw a painting....
To this day is am still obsessed with his paintings, I am so grateful to have been able to see them in person, while he was working on them. These works of art bleed passion, you can see the love he has for beautiful women and Mexican culture. His painting fulfill my appreciations for a dark interpretation of catholic imagery. If you know me, you understand.
George not only a great artist, but he gives back to the artist community. While I was in San Antonio for the summer, he shared his warehouse space with local artist to use whenever they wanted, and for nothing in return. If you are an artist, you know how much that is worth to have a gigantic space to work in. He was someone that was available to talk to and hang out with, someone to learn from and ask questions, he was always very open, raw,  and approachable. I cant wait to cross paths with this man again.







If you are in the Los Angeles area look him up and try to see this work in person, you will not be disappointed. Check out his site for updates and prints Georgeyepes.com

0 Responses to 'George Yepes'

WEBSTORE